Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Collection of Trees

The first thing you will see now as you enter my house, is my newest collection of photos right inside the door.  The wall had been bare ever since I painted it.  Now my green wall is covered like a forest.  Each from a different adventure of mine.  In the center is the snow covered forests of Northern BC.  In the background are the wind turbines I build, which are the cause of my wandering.  On the right is a mighty conifer of the northwest forests  of a provincial park.  A sunburst breaks through the branches as it shines brilliantly in the sky.  On the left is a lone deciduous tree, out in the middle of a meadow apart from the evergreen forest of Colorado.  In view of Pikes Peak it stood majestically tall and defiant amidst the field of grass.  Trees can say so much as they grow and struggle against the weather over the years.  Just like the people I meet on my many adventures, they are affected by both others around them and what they face.  Similar to the friends I work to remember, yet somehow the only pictures I have in abundance are of the trees.

No comments: