Monday, April 19, 2010

Asbestos we can?

Criminetly!  So I think I found some asbestos.  The first bit above the furnace, i found a few weeks back when I had the furnace tuned up. 

Now it seems that about ten feet of my main water supply is all wrapped up in asbestos.  Not sure, it may be some other form of insulation, but sadly all shop renovations and plumbing investigations have ceased until I can confirm or deny the insulation concern. 

Any wisdom or advice out there on this one?  For now I will continue to deal with this issue the only way I know how...

...asbestos I can...



2 comments:

parker said...

So upon further review, it looks like the furnace board is likely asbestos, and the pipe wrap is less likely to be asbestos. any comments from experts?

parker said...

after multiple discussions with the experts at work, I have confirmed the pipe was only wrapped in fiberglass. I left the furnace piece as is, but the pipe is cleaned up and ready to go now.