Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Kitchen Project



So this is likely my next ambitious design project.  I know the bedroom is not yet finished, but much of what remains is cosmetic, and not my strength and priority anyhow.  Compared to the prep work the hallway project will require, this one should be fairly simple.  A bit of cleaning, a bit of moving of appliances, but otherwise, just a few bits of wall to paint.  

A few notes:  the upper cabinets extend up to the ceiling, so no crazy painting up high.   Some side projects I plan to do at the same time are the overhead light replacement, the under cabinet sink light, and changing the sink faucet.  Any ideas on the lighting? 

The woods are very random, and then the pergo floor, not to mention the almond fridge, white and brown dish-o-saurus, and the white range and microwave.  

Nevertheless, I am still considering that same beige for the walls.  Any advice on warm earth tones?  That is a bit of my theme for the house.  warm earth tones.  I am not opposed to more under cabinet lighting if the wall color makes the room darker.

As for the hardware and fixtures, the new door hardware calls itself "antique iron"  but it seems to go well with the new light in the bedroom which is a "brushed nickel."  That duller gray silver is my plan for the lights and the faucet, since chrome and brass are not nearly my style in comparison to the "antique" metal colors.

No comments: