First, there was an old light. Actually, I don't have a picture of the original. It had a strange fluorescent bulb that burnt out the first week in the house. As the replacement was only a simple ceiling socket fixture, I suppose it was long overdue.
Next, I needed to clear out the old wires, but there was a catch. These were tied into the other big florescent fixtures in the basement. As if that wasn't enough, they were all tied mid string to a multiple switched circuit. One switch at the top of the stairs, another at the back door, and the last on the other side of the basement. That last one only made sense 50 years ago when it was in the garage. Now that it's a basement, I had to pull the wires all the way back and put it at the bottom of the stairs. A few junction boxes and splices later and we are back in business.
Finally, with a couple recessed fixtures from the store, we are up and running again. All three switches, and now two fantastic lights instead of one crummy one. All that remains is to put the ceiling back. It sounds so simple when I put it that way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment